Real Estate and Title Insurance Services
The Law Offices of Thomas J. Skinner, IV, LLC specialize in real estate and title insurance Law, providing legal services to title insurance carriers, real estate companies, corporate real estate departments, as well as individuals, for virtually all matters involving real property. Our services include:
- Claims to title and title insurance matters
- Easements, rights-of-way, and access to real property
- Enforcement and defense involving liens and encumbrances to title, including mechanic’s and materialmen’s liens, judgment liens, restrictive covenants, and other encumbrances to title
- Boundary line disputes and adverse possession
- Division and partition of co-owned real property
- Land use issues, life estates, deed and mortgage reformations, and defective acknowledgements
- Homestead rights and exemptions
- Representation of commercial lessors
- Representation of parties to commercial real estate transactions
- Assertion and defense of breach of warranty claims
- Quiet title actions
- Mobile home title conversions
- Bona fide purchaser/lender claims
Tax Sales and Redemption Services
We provide legal services to individuals, escrow servicers, and lenders throughout the State of Alabama who seek to either purchase or redeem real property sold for taxes or fire dues by counties or fire districts. Our firm also assists our clients in recovering tax overbids from county tax collectors and revenue departments.
General Civil Litigation
Our firm provides general civil litigation services to insurance companies, business entities, employers, and individuals in all State and Federal Courts in Alabama.
We provide defense of claims involving negligence, fraud, and other general tort claims; business torts and contractual disputes; and coverage, bad faith and general liability defense.
Business and Corporate Law
We provide legal services to corporations, LLCs, and other business entities, including formation, dissolution and general representation of corporations, limited liability companies, partnerships and other business entities. Our firm also provides consultations and general corporate/business law advice for small to mid-sized businesses and their owners.
Estate Planning and Probate, Wills, Estates, and Trusts
Our firm provides a full range of probate and estate planning services for individuals, couples and families, including wills, trusts, advance directives, and powers of attorney.